Shirva: Burst of fire at Sorloka in Shirva
Posted On: 20/02/2010 07:50 GMT
Print this page Feel free to ask your question Tell a friend Browse archive
Report and Pictures by Michael Mathias - Shirva

Shirva: There was a which burst out in Carmine Barboza’s house, Sorkola, Shirva Village of Udupi TQ at prayer time on 18th of February 2010. The fire started rapidly spread all around creative havoc every where. The neighbours and other resident of the village gathered and doused the fire. The Fire service of Udupi and Police personnel reached the spot with in 15 minutes, and completely put off the fire.

They inspected the entire house and the other areas to ensure that such incident would not occur again. The cause of the fire is yet a mystery. The previous day the maid servant had complained that a few strangers threw stones & fire  on to the roof and there was fire in the compound too. The family members had put off the fire. The same evening the maid servant commented "what to do if there is a fire inside the house tomorrow?”, and her prophecy had come true. Adjacent to the main house is the room for storage of dried coconuts. However there is no electricity connection to it and no cooking or any other lighting arrangement are there to ensure that there could be electricity shot circuit to rule out the cause of the fire. The mystery is yet to be resolved.

Edited and Published By Team
Post Your Comments For "Shirva: Burst of fire at Sorloka in Shirva"
Your Rating For "Shirva: Burst of fire at Sorloka in Shirva":
Average Fair Good Very Good Excellent
For our security purposes your IP address is recorded.
Your IP address is
Please help us to fight spam by entering the security code as shown in the image:
security code